Today I’m starting a series where I ask people who don’t work in news — and don’t live in Washington D.C. or New York City — about their personal news consumption.
Meet my friend Christine. Christine lives in Philadelphia and has a knitting machine in her basement. She has the best taste in pop culture and has introduced me to many amazing TV shows and movies. She also thinks the Property Brothers are actually one person filming a Parent Trap-like movie. Christine is hilarious and a wonderful baker and just a great friend.
1. How do you get your news?
2. Please send me a gif or video that captures your attention span.
I don’t know if this is appropriate but this is my favorite gif.
3. How do you take your coffee?
4. Who’s doing it right in news?
Shaun King‘s twitter feed is my must read in the mornings.
5. What’s the first news event that you remember?
Puerto Rico voting for Commonwealth status in 1992 or 1993. Then the OJ Simpson trial.
6. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?
Thanksgiving! Time with friends! Too much food!